[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - USA 433MHz - continued from AQ Connections subForum

USA 433MHz - continued from AQ Connections subForum

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

USA 433MHz - continued from AQ Connections subForum

Postby GoFaster » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:19 pm

GoFaster

Re: USA 433MHz - continued from AQ Connections subForum

Postby Lyagukh » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:01 pm

On the Internet nobody knows you are a Frog
Lyagukh

Postby GoFaster » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:23 pm

Thanks for the good advice. Sorry, I didn't actually state that I am a licensed HAM.
And yes, by rights, my 3DR setup should transmit my callsign every 10 minutes.
What I was trying to say is that while the regulations are complex and often open to interpretation, I do my best to stay within the intent of the law, even if I don't fully understand the legal language.
I am also pleased to see that some people who fly long range FPV on 433MHz are asking about and getting a HAM license.

The final authority is the FCC. The ARRL is a national non-profit membership organization. They define band plans and guidelines that HAMs here are encouraged to follow. They also represent and lobby the govt on behalf of HAMs. Similar to what the AMA here does.
I got tired of listening to all the complaining and nasty political banter on the airwaves. When it's not flying season, I like playing around with QRP digital modes.

- Felix
GoFaster

Postby Lyagukh » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:35 pm

:) It was not my intention to give you any advice on this topic, especially because I don't live in the USA and cannot pretend to understand US legal system. My curiosity was mainly due to the widespread opinion that 433 MHz is closed to general public in US like 900 MHz is closed in Europe. Now you have turned my attention to the fact that it is not that simple and I really do appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

Igor
Lyagukh

Postby GoFaster » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:17 am

No offense take at all! I like to hear others' thoughts and opinions. Because more than likely, I missed something :)
GoFaster

Postby LPR » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:47 pm

LPR

Postby Lyagukh » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Lyagukh

Postby GoFaster » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:57 pm

GoFaster

Return to General Discussion