[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - X- Y Orientation?

X- Y Orientation?

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Re: X- Y Orientation?

Postby levinemax » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:14 am

FWD.jpg
levinemax

Postby GoFaster » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:02 pm

My board is mounted in the orientation on the right, in the pic above.
I found an IMU_ROT parameter. It was at 0, I set it to 45, transmit, then Write ROM. Based on the heading display in the HUD, I think I did this correctly? Please let me know.

Thanks,
- Felix

Edit: OK, I'm an idiot. I thought I had mounted it as in the pic but turns out I had actually mounted it +90 more. Fixed and set IMU_ROT to -45 and all is well.
Last edited by GoFaster on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoFaster

Postby Kisssys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:28 pm

You need to set it at -45
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby GoFaster » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:33 pm

I tried setting to -45 first seeing how the board is rotated from the square-on orientation. But based on the heading(?) display in the HUD compared to where the front of the craft was pointing, there was an additional +45 degrees of error on top of the extra +45 with IMU_ROT=0.
When I set it to -45, the heading display now pretty much agrees with actual compass direction.
Am I interpreting the heading value incorrectly?

Thanks.
GoFaster

Postby Kisssys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:50 pm

With all the calibration completed, and -45 set you will have the best compass you've ever had.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby GoFaster » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:52 pm

OK will set at -45, thanks Steve.
Hoping to take a walk into the woods and do the Calibso tomorrow.
GoFaster

Previous

Return to General Discussion