[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - HD FPV

HD FPV

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

HD FPV

Postby pilotnbr1 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:32 pm

Any body following WifiBroadcast? It makes HD fpv possible for less than $150. Check it out

https://befinitiv.wordpress.com/wifibro ... ideo-data/

I have built a TX and RX as per the directions and it is very promising. Currently appears they are working on OSD which I will be currious to incorporate onto my new M4. Theres a pretty active thread at

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 52&page=42

aslo a german one

http://fpv-community.de/showthread.php? ... fi/page163
pilotnbr1

Re: HD FPV

Postby johannes3154 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:00 pm

Im currently building that system too.
However i came along this:
http://www.auvidea.eu/index.php/theme-s ... 32-06/b101
Its a Hdmi-Csi adapter (basically a hdmi in), i wonder if this works with that system to, so u can connect a gopro to the transceiver pi.
johannes3154

Postby pilotnbr1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:54 am

That looks very good! You should post it that within the rcgroups forum. Those guys would know alot more about that than me. :)
pilotnbr1

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:05 pm

I'm following the project for some time now.
With the pre-compiled images by befi it's pretty easy to get it running.
But ... on 2,4GHz I'm having trouble with my Taranis which affects the video signal and with 5,8GHz I'm getting a bad range. I've tested different WLAN modules (TP-Link, Alpha) without much success.

btw: Peter aka Sandmen is working on a similar project.
Some other guys are testing the mentioned Auvidea HDMI/CSI adapter. Dunno the outcome yet...
kinderkram

Postby johannes3154 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:53 pm

I have ordered one of those hdmi csi adapters and will test it.
The bad thing is, the latency will increase. The Gopro itself has a latency of 2-3 pictures on the hdmi (aprox 50ms).
The good thing on this project is, that you are flexible with hardware and i have now the 2.4 ghz solution for testing.
However there is another promising project:
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.php? ... Telemetrie
They have a working android app an you can use the smartphones internal wifi.
johannes3154

Postby pilotnbr1 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:54 am

I got mavlink for autoquad telemetry running with wifibroadcast. Here is some of the code from my RX pi if anyone is interested-

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... 0Broadcast)%20-%20Page%2057%20-%20RC%20Groups&txt=https%3A%2F%2Fdrive.google.com%2Ffolderview%3F...G8%26amp%3Busp%3Dsharing

BELOW IS MY POST FROM RCGROUPS>

For TX I was just using derelicte's image as it seems to be pretty lightweight.

For the RX I used Befi's .4 tx/rx image then followed Rangarid's instructions here-
https://github.com/SamuelBrucksch/wifibroadcast_osd
That got openvg built and alot of the osd code. Then I compiled Mavlink for autoquad here-
https://github.com/mavlink/mavlink
Which if you are using an autoquad you might not have to go thru that- I think you might be able to just copy my files. Of course there are many other platforms running mavlink.
I then heavily modified everything and then created a few files of my own such as mavlinkparse.c

As it stands now this all should work with LTM, FRSKY, or MAVLINK depending on how you configure osdconfig.h

For me running an autoquad m4 n4 combo I had to run rx and tx wires to the rpi a in order to get a readable signal. This was all done at 115200 baud and only has to be set on the tx end.

Currently my rx pi's are being strained by the load. I am going to look into implimenting fifos and some ideas from derelicte's image.
pilotnbr1

Return to General Discussion