[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - OSD that would work great with the M4/N4!

OSD that would work great with the M4/N4!

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

OSD that would work great with the M4/N4!

Postby Mullet » Sun May 24, 2015 2:29 am

Scroll down close to the bottom of the page... this OSD board would probably work well with the M4/N4 combo. I'll probably use one when I do my M4 / Joerg's BLDC 250mm blackout type quad. Besides that, I can't recommend freebirdrc enough. Great prices and fast shipping.

http://www.freebirdrc.com/#!parts-and-hardware-etc/cy2m
Mullet

Re: OSD that would work great with the M4/N4!

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun May 24, 2015 7:20 am

Hi Mullet,

why not use the minimOSD? Have a look at this viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4246&hilit=minimosd#p30217

Steve shows how to use it with M4 (incl. connection diagram, modified OSD FW, etc.)

You can buy 2 here http://www.readytoflyquads.com/minimosd-kv-team-mod-v1 for the price of one from freebirdrc.
Please note: you will need to have an USBtoUART (5V version) on hand for programming it (i.e. http://flyduino.net/USB-UART-Adapter-fo ... d-Multiwii).

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Mullet » Sun May 24, 2015 10:17 am

I'd say the main reason to go with the OSD from freebird would be... ease of use. Since it shares the same footprint as the N4 then it's cleaner to mount everything. Also it has a USB port for programming. No need for a usb to serial cable. It uses the same firmware as MinumOSD. Other than that, sure the minumOSD is cheaper.
Mullet

Postby Kisssys » Sun May 24, 2015 2:25 pm

I have started using this one on a board that I already have 5 volts. I use the normal one on some builds and sometimes use it's 5 volts to power the M4.

It's so small it fits anywhere and I sometimes put it on the video TX if you have one that doesn't get too hot. It is normally powered from the M4 distribution board with the serial data.

Cheers
Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Mullet » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:57 am

On second thought, after looking at the Micro MinumOSD I think that would be a better way to deal with OSD. I'm going to be building a less than 200mm class FPV quad and this would fit the bill. I'll post to the other thread with Minum OSD type questions...
Mullet

Return to General Discussion