[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Mav Link Help

Mav Link Help

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Re: Mav Link Help

Postby pilotnbr1 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:42 am

So my M4 showed up and now I am having issues connecting QGC to it...The application goes to the Ubuntu grey screen where it is frozen and does not generate any error windows once the connect button is pressed. EDIT- I am also connecting via micro usb and everything on the M4 appears normal- solid red led, bright flashing green, dim flashing yellow and blue.

Within QT the last lines are-

@ ../../DRONE/qgroundcontrol_aq/src/comm/SerialLink.cc:487 - "Connected Serial "ttyS0" with settings "ttyS0" 115200 db: 8 p: 0 sb: 0 fc: 0"

[W] @ :0 - "QIODevice::read: Called with maxSize < 0"

Previously when trying to connect I had an error related to serial port permissions - basically I did not have permission in "dialup". I gave myself access and now this frozen screen.

Any help is appreciated- sorry I need so much hand holding...

-Luke

SS.png
pilotnbr1

Re: Mav Link Help

Postby pilotnbr1 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:56 pm

COM PROBLEM SOLVED!

I poked around a little within seriallink.cc among other files and ran the debug. It seems that the max file size of -1 msg within qt indicates a com problem. As I already had ubuntu permission issues with dialup I pursued that. For anyone else having similar problems keep in mind that if you make permission changes you have to log out and log back in in order for the new permissions to take effect.

Ultimately it was a permission issue regarding the port itself. From what I understand in Ubuntu the port ACM0 is user assigned and will not appear until a device is plugged in. Once ubuntu saw the device then I could add permissions for that port.

-Luke

ss2.png
pilotnbr1

Previous

Return to General Discussion