[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - QGC: Set Home?

QGC: Set Home?

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

QGC: Set Home?

Postby Mullet » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:45 am

I can't figure out for the life of me how to "Set Home" in QGC. I see "Go Home" though. My "home" is apparently near Africa in the Atlantic Ocean. How do I change this?
Mullet

Re: QGC: Set Home?

Postby Max » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:33 pm

Only way is in 3D map view on Windows. Or be connected to an AQ when you set home position on the FC. It's not a very useful feature though, all it does is stick a house icon on the map.

-Max
Max

Postby Mullet » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:29 pm

OK. Thanks for clarifying what "Set Home" generally is. Makes sense. Didn't realize that this feature was so superfluous.
Mullet

Postby Mattpgreen » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:19 am

I've been out at the park this morning having only 2nd play with functions ... I have BT thru to Android GCS ... so I had a reasonably good running commentary from robot girl...BUT..this setting Home thing seems a lot more important than superfluous ... I tried several times to hold the quad up about 2m and set home with the TX - this seemed to work ok according to GCS's robot girl - but the home was still showing as lat/lon 0/0 ie off the west coast of Africa - while fumbling thru the four switches on the DX6i necessary to have 2 x three positions for Flight and Home modes ... I think I more than once sent the quad back towards the west African coast - not very useful when playing on a cricket pitch in Melbourne, Australia.
I'm working through what seems to work and what doesn't (or what I'm doing wrong) AND setting Home is problematic at the moment.
Mattpgreen

Postby Max » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:00 am

Matt, this thread was about positioning the "home" icon in QGC (GCS for PC, not Android). I'm not sure the Android GCS will update the home position like QGC does when you set it on the FC (IIRC the feature was added to AQ firmware since the latest Android release).

As for setting home position on the AQ, do you have a good GPS lock and position hold before you try to set home? The feature is only as good as your current GPS accuracy. Does the map on Android GCS show the current 'copter position correctly?

-Max
Max

Postby Mattpgreen » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:51 am

Hi Max - yes the Android GCS display of GPS position quite good - much better than the android devices own reckoning.

Pos Hold is working quite well.

mmm - don't think I was setting a Pos. Hold BEFORE doing a Set Home - is that a required procedure?
Mattpgreen

Postby LPR » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Matt

Yes you must be in Alt/Pos Hold in order use Set Home. Using the Tx switch to "set home" only gives you a temporary home position for your current flight.

I have always Set Home in Alt/Pos Hold but if Steve says it works without being in Alt/Pos hold when that would be the way it works. Be sure you have a 3D GPS lock.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LPR

Postby Kisssys » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:00 pm

You can set home without being in Pos Hold. When doing so you will see a message come up on QGC that it was set.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby kinderkram » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Yes, you only need a 3D fix to set home - anywhere.
I always set home 2-3m in front of me 2-3m up in the air while hovering in PH - not on the ground.
If you need to trigger RTH in an emergency situation it won´t fly the AQ into that ground. ;)
kinderkram

Postby Kisssys » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:08 pm

If anyone is using the MinumOSD code I posted it recognizes that you set home on the AQ and also reset's its home reference at the same time. I don't believe any of the other MinumOSD code does that, it only uses the first good position it receives.

I really miss that capability whenever I've flown other controllers.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Next

Return to General Discussion