[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - What is the weight of a carbon frame Hexa ?

What is the weight of a carbon frame Hexa ?

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

What is the weight of a carbon frame Hexa ?

Postby plexus » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi,
Could you tell me what is the weight of a frame in carbon for an hexa with arm 34 cm with landing gear like in the first page of the shop of Viacopter in ( _I_ ) ?
@ Jussih you have a mail on your shop .
My goal is to built a light frame but without vibrations . The total weight with video, gopro, 3DR , does not exeed 2.5 Kg for use with quatos.
Many thanks

Alain
Last edited by plexus on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plexus

Re: What is the weigt of a carbon frame Hexa ?

Postby JussiH » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Well, the one on the shop is basically a customized FCP-HL frame. It could probably be shaved down for a gopro to under 2500 grams. But as shown it weighs about 3650 grams with a 5000 4S and it goes for about 10-12 minutes.

Id say that it should be possible to make a hexa for a gopro based on on FCP-HL - but you´d be cutting it close and not have much room to use a large battery. I would go for 10" or 11" props and smaller motors - a 2212 or 2216 @ 750- 900 KV with an 11" E-prop or a 10" slowflyer should work well.
JussiH

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Hi plexus,

why not use a quad for 'just' the GoPro?

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby plexus » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Hi ,Thanks for the replies,
@jussih
I thought the FCP-HL was less heavy. So for my case it goes wrong.

@aBUGSworstnightmare
I am afraid with a crash .
With an hexa and with quatos the hexa flies with one propeller out.
I am not shure that will be the same thing with the quad.

My hexa is ready with Roxxy motors 2827-35 and 10x4, 55cm motor to motor. With gopro gimbal and 5800Ma,TX video, 3DR radio, the weight is 2475g (just below 2500g for quatos). The arms are in alu 12x12.
But the ACC X is a little bit noisy in wind, <1,5.

IMG_0651[1].JPG

Alain
Last edited by plexus on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plexus

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:04 pm

Hi Alain,

have a look at Tilman's rOsewhite Rubina frame. The total frame (without lander) is only 264g. A landing skip is 155g.

All details are here: http://www.rosewhite.de/en/rubina
Drawback: it's not that cheap but the quality is excellent.

Marcus has build it in X8 config with KISS ESC's
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby plexus » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:24 pm

I saw that video. The frame is very beautifull and the price TOO (>600€) :mrgreen:
Do you know the Tarot ? Is it a good frame for Autoquad (no vibration ?)
http://www.hobbyking.com/store/__54311_ ... _KIT_.html

Alain
plexus

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:16 am

Hi Alain,

sorry, don't know the Tarot frame.
I don't want to convince you of using a quad instead of a hexa, but I think it will be not that easy to stay in the 2.5kg limit.
Maybe you should opt for an okto config, somehow like Menno has shown here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3952#p27903.

O.K., he is using parts which are not available yet, but if you use ESC32 with CAN and the M4 (instead of AQ6) it should be possible to stay below the limit. Sorry, don't know which motors he is using, but he gives some info on the components weight: i.e. the 16mm 1.5mm wall carbon tube is 38g (without mounts etc!).

I will also fly my new quad with QUATOS. I things work as expected the AUW weight of that craft will be very close to 2kg incl. a 6000mAh 4S flight pack --> lets say 400 to 450g for GoPro + Mount + x.
If I want to carry larger loads (bigger camera) it would be possible to fly with a PID firmware since I have plenty of resources left (max payload is somewhere between 1.5 - 2kg for the setup).
Using small motors will not allow for this - even on a Hexa - without reducing battery capacity (reducing flight time).
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby plexus » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:49 pm

Mine hexa :
Frame alu
Arm 12x12 alu 56 cm motor to motor (roxxy 2827-35), 10x4 graupner prop's
Gimbal one axis homemade too heavy, to see with a motor more light.
Gopro 2
3dr radio
Gr24
Tx video
lipo 5800mA 4S
Weight : 2480g
Flight time : 20mn maxi before alarm first step.
No more, ready for Quatos license hobby. :mrgreen:

Alain

IMG_0676.JPG
plexus

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:14 pm

Good job, Alain!

The alu gives a "heavy duty" style. And the AUW fits the Quatos hobby license perfectly. :D
kinderkram

Return to General Discussion