[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Snow in the US - is everyone ok?

Snow in the US - is everyone ok?

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Snow in the US - is everyone ok?

Postby kinderkram » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:17 pm

Heard the news about the arctic temperatures rolling over the US.
Hope everyone of our US boys is ok? Keep your heads up, guys!

I´ve also heard this is somehow connected climatically: we in Middle Europe are facing the warmest November ever. Heck, it´s nearly December and it´ll be around 15degC this weekend.

The worst that can happen here atm. is a Holstein cow on a Bavarian car:

bmw-cow.jpg
bmw-cow.jpg (220.14 KiB) Viewed 13747 times
kinderkram

Re: Snow in the US - is everyone ok?

Postby Max » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Those two make a cute couple, but I don't think the parents would approve. I think she's just using him for his warm engine.

Here it is cold like winter and windy like winter, but since the residents of Buffalo are apparently hoarding all the snow for themselves, we have none. Only thing we're digging out is sweaters and wool socks.

But I appreciate your concern! :)

-Max
Max

Postby 13brv3 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Snow? What's that :-) It was 23 degrees one night, which is mighty cold for us, but no snow.

I'm in Florida now, but we just bought a piece of a mountain in Tennessee, so I guess we'll see some snow. My car will finally have a garage I can use, so I'd better not find any animals on it :o

Cheers,
Rusty
13brv3

Postby kinderkram » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:27 pm

Hmmm, ok - I was referring to press news saying half the US is covered by snow now and that even states like Floria and Hawaii were facing minus temperatures - the 20th was coldest November morning since 1976.

Those Buffalonians were indeed hit hardest and now facing a huge flood while temperatures are rising again...

Rusty: by 23 degr. you mean Fahrenheit, right?
kinderkram

Postby 13brv3 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:27 pm

23 sounds warmer than -5 :-) We are changing to metric though. Really. I'm serious... (is he buying it... probably not). Definitely going to be a mess in Buffalo.

I think Hawaii is exempt from nearly all weather. The lowest temp I see for them was 66F. They did get all the tropical storms and hurricanes this year though, which was odd for them. There was only one other storm that touched anywhere in the US, and that was up the east coast. I wonder how long it's been since no storm touched Florida in a year? I'm not complaining of course, because I've seen all the hurricanes I care to.

Rusty
13brv3

Postby Max » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:17 pm

Ok now there's a bit of snow here. Not to mention some cold weather. In fact our local tourism office is apparently urging people to go to Key West... :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topsto ... ar-BBhFYNs

This snow drift is a few hundred meters up the hill from my house. At my place the drifts in some places are taller than your average Holstein, and I have to ski the 60m from the house to my office/man cave. At least the skiing is superb this year. :)

-Max
Attachments
snow-drift-2015.jpg
Max

Postby kinderkram » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:42 pm

Ha, finally!

We still haven´t seen much snow here. 2 or 3 days of some wet whitish stuff was all - and disappeared in no time.
2014 was the warmest year since global temps were recorded. I killed the first mosquito yesterday. :shock:

Are those tourist guys trying to be funny or is it real dispair?

btw: I thought you were in Colorado? Skiing in Aspen wasn´t the reason obviously.
kinderkram

Postby Max » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:01 pm

Not sure what the tourism people were trying, but since it made national news I'd say it was pretty brilliant promotion either way... :lol:

Nah it's not THAT bad... but certainly overall the coldest and snowiest Jan/Feb I can recall in at least 15 years or so. Haven't seen a skeeter in a while!

Colorado was a short trip, and yes, ironically it was partially to x-country ski in the mountains because we had no snow here (again). It started snowing here right before we left (after it was all planned of course). At this point we have more snow at home than where we were in CO, at ~2900m elevation (I live at 330m). Silly weather.

-Max
Max

Postby axelnied » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:19 pm

San Diego is freezing too. Yesterday is was like 23 deg (Celsius) too... We went wine tasting and had a picknick outside. We have to do this during the "winter", because it is too f...ing hot during the summer... Sorry for everyone freezing, come visit.
IMG_6619.JPG
axelnied

Postby kinderkram » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:31 pm

kinderkram

Next

Return to General Discussion