[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Suitable Frame for use with AutoQuad?

Suitable Frame for use with AutoQuad?

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Re: Suitable Frame for use with AutoQuad?

Postby EtheAv8r » Wed May 07, 2014 8:40 pm

@ Trnquill
Thank you for your positive and helpful response. Yes I understand where you are coming from with regards 'population size' on AutoQuad forum. My long post was to give what I thought was sufficient background information, but I concede that shorter, to-the-point posts might be better be better. I did start a new post with what I thought was an appropriate title, and I guessed that every AutoQuad user would have experience of one ore more frames with AQ6 and thus there might be a good selection of views or consensus on frames, good and bad.

@ JussieH
Thank you for you guidance and advice. Yes I wondered if the Web Contact form might be broken (I have been trying over a two week period - it is not as if I have been impatiently firing off enquiries daily - I did leave plenty of time between contact attempts). OK I will order FCP-HL from Flyduino. A smaller craft would be of interest.

@ Max
Well thank you for your kind and welcoming response. You appear to be rather hostile! I did not threaten anyone that I would sell them if you (are you the collective we?) don't help me, but you have to admit that many are not going to get very far with AQ6 if they cannot get help from those more experienced on this forum, and if for some strange reason you (collectively) decide that you don't want to help me, than as a novice at this aspect of R/C flying then I would probably be better off eventually selling that simply failing and crashing. I bought before posting because I had read up a lot on a number of options over the past 5 or 6 month and from what I researched AQ6 provided the possibility of a truly stable and smooth multi-rotor flying. It seemed a little futile to post "hey guys I am thinking of buying AQ6 - is that a good idea?" because the response would be that AQ6 is a great solution, but takes work and effort to configure, but once set up it flies great" - and I already understood that - I have read lots of posts, here and on RCGroups. At first I discounted AQ6 - but I read through the Wiki and I thought "you know what I think I can do that... especially with some help from the forum, and who knows one day I may know enough to help someone else". As to why I bought 3 x AQ6 - not that it is really any of your business - but I only intended to buy one, but was offered a 'job lot' of 3 - 2 brand new and 1 used, by an AP who was hoping they would become the 'standard' controller in his firm, but in the partner vote another controller was selected. As I knew I wanted 2 machines, a Quad and a Hex it seemed sensible for me to 'standardise on a single controller type, so I went for it. Nice one yourself!
EtheAv8r

Postby Max » Wed May 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Max

Postby kinderkram » Wed May 07, 2014 10:35 pm

Well,
though I don´t like lengthy wordings I read all of your posts, EtheAv8r.

My summary: you came here asking if the FCP HL was suitable.
3 hours later the Chef de Cuisine himself named you a proven setup to begin with.
Next post you complained about sellers not jumping in and praising their products? :?

You obviously also missed some important threads in the build log & show case sections where the FCP HL was mentioned in detail as reference frame:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2213

btw: the contact form at Viacopter works. The email address is mentioned twice as mailto: and Jussi has both email and PM enabled here and at RCG.
Yes, I allow Javascript. ;)

Welcome to AQ Island,

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby EtheAv8r » Thu May 08, 2014 12:26 am

OK sorry everyone - it seems I got off on the wrong foot with this forum, and I therefore I humbly apologise and hope that I may be forgiven.

I did not mean to be rude or complaining, and yes I also allow javascript so I could 'see' the email address.

Yes I clearly missed some important threads in the build log & show case sections where the FCP HL was mentioned in detail, and thank you for the link.

Hopefully I may start over.
EtheAv8r

Postby kinderkram » Thu May 08, 2014 7:21 am

Nothing bad happend so far. You only need motors. ;)

If you´re looking for quality you might eyeball the Tiger Motors, especially the Navigator series.
A very handy tool for calculating your AUW/KV/Prop ratio is Ecalc:
http://www.ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc.php?ecalc&lang=en

If you plan to calibrate your ESCs for closed loop mode we already have a bunch of Tigers/Prop combos in our database:
https://code.google.com/p/esc32/source/ ... tor_db.xml
kinderkram

Postby Trnquill » Thu May 08, 2014 8:00 am

Trnquill

Postby chschmid » Fri May 09, 2014 11:00 pm

As posted before the FCP HL with Tiger MN3110 is a good solution if you want to build a machine from standard parts. Teramax even made a partslist to order the right stuff.

If you are more into building your own, I can provide you the data for a nice very well flying hex with 2.2Kg AUW including the 2D and 3D files for cutting /printing.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby EtheAv8r » Fri May 30, 2014 11:54 pm

EtheAv8r

Postby kinderkram » Sat May 31, 2014 12:07 am

Your time in Madrid could have been graced with one of Angel´s "Monoblocks".
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=119

kinderkram

Postby EtheAv8r » Sat May 31, 2014 8:35 pm

Yes I knew of Angel and his wonderful machines from reading on this site..... but I did not want to impose.....
EtheAv8r

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion