[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Does anyone recognise this brand of ESC - just had one die

Does anyone recognise this brand of ESC - just had one die

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Does anyone recognise this brand of ESC - just had one die

Postby hogster » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Hi all :)

I'm currently assembling an X8 Octocopter which came with 8 unbranded ESCs, and I've just had one completely short out whilst being powered on a bench. Fortunately it was being powered by a current-limiting bench power supply and not a LiPo, or else there might have been a lot of smoke released! :eek:

Does anyone recognise the brand so I can avoid buying a replacement of the same type? I guess it's a bit like saying which variety of apple is this and showing you a photo ;) but I'm hoping someone will be able to help me!

Note: I've already removed the capacitor as I assumed it had shorted out ... but the cap was fine :?

The only thing I was wondering about which might have caused the early demise of this ESC is that I've been turning the bench power supply on and off with everything plugged in ... not that that should make any difference ... the voltage does reach around 30V (according to my DVM) very briefly before settling back down to 25V, but I don't imagine that would have caused any damage? The ESCs are rated to 6S operation.

Many thanks,

David
hogster

Re: Does anyone recognise this brand of ESC - just had one d

Postby Kisssys » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:05 am

If it is SimonK compatible, go to this Link and go through the pictures for front and back and see if you can match it up to an esc listed.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Re: Does anyone recognise this brand of ESC - just had one d

Postby hogster » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:54 am

Hi Steve, thanks for the feedback :)

Ah that spreadsheet brings back memories! I flashed all the ESCs on my Hexacopter with SimonK firmware :) I've decided to continue with my ground testing with the existing ESCs for now, and to always power up my bench power supply first before plugging in the X8.

Cheers :) David
hogster

Return to General Discussion