[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Any way to use external sticks with Futaba 14SG for pan/tilt

Any way to use external sticks with Futaba 14SG for pan/tilt

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Any way to use external sticks with Futaba 14SG for pan/tilt

Postby hogster » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi all!

Slightly strange question here ...

I'm setting up my aerial photography platform with the AQ and currently operate as both pilot and photographer. As such I will only be using the tilt feature on my 3-axis gimbal.

However, I would like the option of using a camera operator to control the gimbal for more complex shoots. My Futaba 14SG Tx and R6303SB Rx have the extra channels to allow both pan and tilt to be controlled on the same system, but I would want the pan and tilt controlled on a box external to the transmitter which I could hand to a camera operator.

Without wiring some extension leads onto two of the 14SG pots, is it at all possible to extract the command inputs for 2 extra channels from the 14SG and either feed them into another Tx (buddy box style, but where the buddy box always has control of the pan / tilt channels) .... or some other way? It seems a shame to add the complexity and cost of another complete Tx and Rx system to control the gimbal, when the current R/C system still has capacity.

I hope I've worded this question clearly, and I would love to hear your feedback!

Many thanks,

David :)
hogster

Re: Any way to use external sticks with Futaba 14SG for pan/

Postby kinderkram » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:25 am

Most radios have a trainer/buddy mode/port.
Optimum is a wireless connection where you hand over certain channels. Dunno if your radio supports this.

But you´re not done yet. ;)
One fine day you want a separate cam for the pilot.
And the camop wants to zoom, start/stop, focus, whatever.
I can tell ya: this is a never ending story... :twisted:
kinderkram

Re: Any way to use external sticks with Futaba 14SG for pan/

Postby hogster » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi Norbert,

Sorry to miss this reply – thanks for the feedback!

I think I'll just go down the route of a separate Tx / Rx ... I already have a second Tx, just need a cheap FRSky FASST receiver and I'm good to go ...

Thanks for the reply all the same :)

David
hogster

Return to General Discussion