[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Please allow me to introduce myself

Please allow me to introduce myself

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Please allow me to introduce myself

Postby bob.titus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Hello,

my name is Jean-Luc aka Bob on multirotor forums, I have been following the Autoquad adventure on and off since early 2011, the very beginning in fact.
I recently decided to jump in the adventure myself, and joined the forum today.

I must say this project reminds me of the ones I followed at the very beginning of my implication with multis, it's a very nice feeling I'm getting to start something new from scratch after having been a commercial pilot for many years now on different platforms that have little secret for me after all these years…

I hope I will find the time to appreciate this platform the way it deserves, I find it a very nice and complete project, I'm quite eager to start learning again :-)

Cheers,
Bob
smile, tomorrow will be worse!
bob.titus

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself

Postby Astudillo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Hello Bob,

Welcome to the forum!
Astudillo

Postby kinderkram » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:11 am

Hi Jean-Luc,
long time no see. ;)
The last time I remember it was that desastrous XAircraft Saga you were involved...

Have a nice time around, you wont regret joining the AQ gang once you have yours dialed in. And with your MR experience youll reach that aim soon. 8-)

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby bob.titus » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:18 am

Hey Norbert,

nice to read from you :-)
Yep, I have been pretty much away from the forums, been involved here in France with many things around RPAS, legislation, work, projects, I had to find time for all this.

The Xaircraft saga as you call it, is indeed a part of my life I would happily erase if I could, such a waste of time and energy, and bad vibrations altogether!

Regarding the Autoquad, I have been pretty close to the project at one point, my friend and partner even met Bill at his place at the time, and produced some boards for him in his HK plant since we had then common projects together…

Today I'm still convinced the Autoquad is one of the very best platforms around, it was for me at the time a matter of concentrating on my aerial shootings and I was already very deeply and actively involved with another platform based on the same kind of architecture.
I use "this" platform today on a daily base together with WKM, Zero and MK as alternatives, because my primary boards are a limited number of six prototypes and I need to equip all twelve aircrafts in use...

I have now decided to give AQ some time and build the first machine around this system asap, I will pop you a PM so we can discuss things together if it's ok with you of course.

Cheers,
Jean-Luc
smile, tomorrow will be worse!
bob.titus

Postby kinderkram » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:31 pm

Sounds like an interesting MR carreer. :D

Atm the AQ is the only serious Open Source alternative for the proprietary systems you mentioned.
There are ArduCopter, Pixhawk and OpenPilot - non of them gets near the AQ performance.

Bills basic code is rock solid and the stability of the AQ speeks for itself. A lot of work went into the GUIs to make the calibration&calculation process easier - which most people still think is the biggest hurdle - but this is what makes the AQ a reliable and predictable platform.

btw: theres a French documentation http://autoquad6.free.fr for some parts of the setup.
kinderkram

Return to General Discussion