[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Motors 3 & 6 bounce up and down hex x (Log now attached)

Motors 3 & 6 bounce up and down hex x (Log now attached)

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Motors 3 & 6 bounce up and down hex x (Log now attached)

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:27 am

My Hexa is orientated in the Hexa X format and my left and right motors after a period of time start to vibrate causing the arms to move up and down, there is also a whistle type sound (i think are coming from the same ESC's) almost sounds like birds chirping.

Anyway, what would be causing this, my PIDS, ESC32 settings or perhaps EMI from the signal wires? I would attach a log but for some reason the AQ stopped logging after a minute.

Will try another flight tomorrow and hopefully the log will work then

Cheers

James
Last edited by Jdmagoo on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jdmagoo

Re: ESC32 or PIDs????

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:22 am

Please see attached of a quick flight. (I've trimmed it down so i can upload)

So the problem exists straight away on take and during the hover, it wasnt until i banked the aircraft left and right before the jittering stopped and the whistling sound stopped.

Im not sure if its a PIDS setting or ESC32 not starting up correctly. I have had problems in the past where a random motor wont start until i disarm rearm.

The PIDS at the moment are default as of R254

Just to add, i noticed before bringing the motors to full power just before takeoff that they didnt sound right, hard to explain but sounded like they were jerky. I suspect the problem is a combination of not having the correct ESC32 settings and having TILT RATE D to high.

thanks for looking
Attachments
002-AQL 2.LOG.zip
(4.08 MiB) Downloaded 595 times
Jdmagoo

Re: Motors 3 & 6 bounce up and down hex x (Log now attached)

Postby chschmid » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:47 am

Hi James
Something is wrong with your roll axis. Hard to tell what. Maybe you can provide a vid?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Re: Motors 3 & 6 bounce up and down hexa x (Log now attached

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:32 am

Jdmagoo

Postby chschmid » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi James

Good to hear you found the bug.
Did you adjust CTRL_FACT_THRO when adding the second battery?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Jdmagoo

Return to General Discussion