[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Propellers, propellers, propellers ...

Propellers, propellers, propellers ...

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Re: Propellers, propellers, propellers ...

Postby bluuu » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:54 pm

I think RCTimers carbon props quality is randomely ... I bought 11x5 carbon 4 CW and 4 CCW and my rank is: 3 good, rest bad ;)
bluuu

Postby teramax » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:16 pm

with the Graupners i think you mean the e-Props than they are 10x5 not 10x4.5
Some are Tiger shaped, some not, could you please ad a collum to the table which of them are which shape?

Good work, thanks for that and agreed, the good old RCT 15x5.5 are still the best. Little weak but hey, never broke on in the air ;)

edit: sorry seen now, TM stands for Tiger shaped :oops:
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby leopold1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 pm

The flyduino props, are they from gemfan?
leopold1

Postby LPR » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Angel

You have tested many props and I'm wondering what you think is the difference between a good prop and a bad prop of the same model. Is it something you can see and fix or is it just too complicated to understand.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:20 am

I've tossed props for several reasons. Most common is that they simply won't balance properly -- if I have half a blade covered with tape and it's still not balanced, it's definitely trash. Sometimes the holes are just way off. My ideal prop will take almost no weight to balance, maybe just a touch on the hub (I use thick CA and kicker). Another common problem is tracking being off -- both blades not in the same plane when under load. I also check how it behaves at the transition point where the blades start to bite and lift up... some props are much smoother than others. And of course defects in the material/construction also happen.

Angel's ratio of good/bad sounds about right with what I've experienced (I've tried a lot but nothing high end like Tiger or Xoar), and I also agree that CW props tend to be much worse overall.

-Max
Max

Postby afernan » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:51 am

@teramax
Yes they are Graupner e-prop 10x5, as you said

@Leopold:
the flyduoino are these ones (gemfan "style")
http://flyduino.net/10x45-Carbon-reinfo ... -2CW-2-CCW

@Larry
Static calibration you can fix easily (under a certain limits) using a balancing tool. If too much Scotch tape have to be put, then it´s bad also.
Dynamic calibration depends on the blade shape so, it´s almost imposible (imposible for me).
And not, you can´t see the good/bad by "eye" before testing it.

@Max:
fully agree in your comments, I´ve experienced also what you say.
For instance, when testing "dynamic" performance (checking vibrations yes/not) there are many times that a transition phase (low to mid rpm) induce vibrations, but then disapair al high speed. This is bad also, since our copters are changing a lot the rpm very often and quick.

Also you can have a bad shape under high speed, but yet equilibrated in vibrations : this is bad also. You will notice in the low performances of the propeller. This happens in most flexible probellers.
afernan

Postby leopold1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Any one using the foxtech supreme CF props.
At first glance they seems to be good. But then again, If anyone has tested them, i would like to know your experience.
leopold1

Postby LPR » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Leo

I have two Supreme CF 17 x 5.5 on order.
I will compare them to T-Motors props.
It would be nice to fined a reasonably priced alternative to T-Motor's props but I won't be holding my breath.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Great,

Looking forward to your review
It would be great that these props are good at a nice price.
leopold1

Postby bob.titus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:21 am

hello Afernan,

could you specify "with the exception of the very good´cheap: the old RCT15x 5.5", they make different kind of 15x5.5

Thanks,
Bob
smile, tomorrow will be worse!
bob.titus

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion