[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - My hex crashed

My hex crashed

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

My hex crashed

Postby Astudillo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Hey Guy's,

Today i was flying my hexa in stabilized mode on a nice wide and open piece of land. And suddenly it jumped a few meters upward and stabilized it self again, but a few seconds later it climbed again in full speed. So i waited until it stabilized again, but it didn't. As i saw my propellor on the left suddenly stopped(probably prop six counted clockwise but I'm not sure) i switched to manual mode but it was already to late. The hex was already rotated more than 90 degrees and crashed to the ground.

Here the results:

I have to admit i cried a little on the inside when i saw my AQ board missing a connector. :oops:
The ground and signal paths are completely stripped off.
I connected the board to my computer, and it seems everything else still works.

So my first questions: is there another way to reconnect the connector to the AQ?

My second questions: does anyone have an idea what happened?

what i noticed when i was approaching the hex when it was laying on the ground it gave the boot beep. Later at home a saw a 810kb Log file, and a 27mb one . To be honest i don't really know where to look for in the graphs. :oops: So all the help/advise is really appreciated.

My Specs.

Autoquad 6.7 r100 b1066
6 x Esc32 r32 build 5525
T-motor 3110-17 + 10"x5 props
Futaba T8FG + R6208SB

Cheers,
Ray
Astudillo

Re: My hex crashed

Postby bluuu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:54 pm

there was something what saturated Z sensors

you can resolder connector and make connections by kynar to the nearest signal, gnd and +3,3V points
bluuu

Postby Ruffio » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:40 am

hmm, not good, realy not good at all.
bluuu, can you post more information as result from the log analysis, may be some charts screenshots, interesting areas of them:
- we will lern something about log analysis
- only realy detailed interested will download log, for overview it will be not needed.

thank You.
Last edited by Ruffio on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruffio

Postby kinderkram » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:47 am

Oh dammit, sorry for your loss!

Were you flying in PH? I know in hindsight it's easy to say "you should have switched back to manual immediately" but...
Hard to say what the cause was, maybe baro or GPS data for AH gone mad or a failure of another sensor or a problem with the radio...

btw: what's that li'l wire coming from J7?
kinderkram

Postby bluuu » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:55 am

fast log analyse:
- ACC Z and Gyro Z has peeks in jumps
- radio link was good all the time
- you swiched manual to PH/AH and back several times
- GPS height is exact to flight
- press sensor don't show changes
bluuu

Postby Astudillo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:22 am

@Kinderkram
Good eyes! That little wire near J7, i think its a remainder of the signal pathway. but i'm not sure if i could solder something to it, if that is what your aiming at? And yes i was flying in position hold, although QGC called it "stabilized mode" and i could fly back and forth.

@bluuu
Yes i switched several times from manual mode to PH/stabilized mode. As i was still experimenting with what mode exactly did or didn't do.

So i have my pressure sensor covered with some open structure foam. Maybe a little to much? I think the piece is 1x1x2 cm?
Could that be the problem my pressure sensor didn't show any changes? or is it maybe defect?
Astudillo

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:39 am

I see you have the tiger motors which are generally very well balanced out of factory, but what type of props are you using? Did you balance these? Just wondering why ACC Z and gyro z would have peaks and jumps in it?

Man what a bummer
Jdmagoo

Postby Astudillo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:32 am

Jdmagoo, i have these Wich i balanced on this machine . But now that you mention it. I had a rough landing a while back. Which broke a prop, and off balanced a motor. I opened the motor to check the shaft and it seemed straight,so i softly hammered the bearings back in place. I tried to balance the motor with the ty wrap method. But that didn't realy help a lot. Although it had slightly more vibrations, with all six motors running i did not notice it(maybe a little ignorant of me).
Astudillo

Postby bn999 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:09 pm

bn999

Postby Astudillo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi Bill, i will check all remaining motors tonight, and i will check them on different RPMs. And compare the results.

Could you maybe also point me out where i could solder the signal cable?

Thanks!
Astudillo

Next

Return to General Discussion