DJI30 Amps ESC syncronization

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

DJI30 Amps ESC syncronization

Postby leandrolb » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:54 pm

My status with the setup:
I did the static calibration, my radio is working with the board normaly.

The problem:
But When I arm the board and start the motors they to not started at the same time. One after the other start and all run toghether (but in a different speeds, the one that start first runs faster) when the throttle reach the 50% of the range.

Experience with other FC facing the same problem:
I remember I had the same problem when I mount my hexa with the Naza. To fix this I needed to changed (under the Motor Mixer tab of the software assistant) from Recommand to Low. Then all motors were synchronized.

What I did to try solve the problem:
I did the Throttle calibration range one after the other just with the escs and after that I tried to do with the FC pluged and armed, rádio on at full throttle turn on the escs, they were beeping, when the stick goes down 2 beeps saying the escs were ready. But nothing changed.

Under the Mixing Tab of the QG I have changed the settings of Motor/Esc Settings with many combinations but the motors still run one before the other. If I rise the value of Starting PWM all motors proportionally starts faster but not toghether. And the opposite when I decrease the number.

Setup:
Radio Turnigy 9X with FRSky
Frame Tarot Hexa F680
Escs DJI 30 amps (OPTO)
FC Autoquad
Motors T-motors MT2814-10 KV770
Leandro Barancelli - Brazil
Hexacopter - AQ - frame Tarot 810 - 15x5 carbon fiber props - motors Tarot 4114 - 6S 10000mah
leandrolb

Re: DJI30 Amps ESC syncronization

Postby LPR » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Lean

If you look on the QGC 1.3 under Pilot or Mission and then go to Autoquad and then Misc. Settings in the lower corner you'll see Motor / Esc Settings.

If you change these setting you can get all your motors to start at the same time.

With RC Timer flashed with SimonK firmware I set the throttle range from 1000 ms to 2000 ms. When I started the motors I had the same problem as you. You need to raise the Starting PWM higher then the default setting of 1125.
Just raise it slowly till all motors start at the same time. For me 1180 worked.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi Leandro, welcome to AQ forums.

How are you testing the motor startup? As Steve (Kisssys) mentioned in the RCG thread, the AQ might not spin up all motors at the same time if it is not sitting level (or if it not yet calibrated properly). It will spin up the motor(s) on the low side first.

Otherwise the problem could be that the ESCs aren't all calibrated to the same range. Seems unlikely, but that would be the only other logical explanation. If you plug all the ESC signal wires directly into one Rx channel (using a splitter), do the motors start at the same time and run at the same speeds?

Since you can't calibrate those ESCs, I recommend trying to find out the exact range of the DJI ESC throttle calibration and adjusting AQ PWM start/max settings to that, instead of guessing. If that info is not available anywhere, then you could test the ESC directly from an Rx and somehow monitor the PWM pulse widths at which the motor starts and reaches maximum speed.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby leandrolb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:10 am

I will try do the dynamic calibration and finish the calculations.
I will bring the results when I finish. I hope it fix the problem becouse the level and orientation will be accurated.
Thanks for help guys.
Hexacopter - AQ - frame Tarot 810 - 15x5 carbon fiber props - motors Tarot 4114 - 6S 10000mah
leandrolb

Postby leandrolb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:28 pm

Bad news guys! I don't know what could be happen, when I connect the board to start the first dancing the board stop to work. None smoke, nothing different has been connected.
leandrolb

Postby LPR » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:29 am

Leandro

If the red LED does not light up and your sure power is getting to the board then the main processor is probably gone.
There are a number of things that can cause this to happen. Connecting or disconnecting the serial port while the AQ board is powered or even not having the power wire not twisted and having the ESC signal wires run close to the power wires. The processor can be replaced.

Larry
LPR

Postby leandrolb » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:46 pm

So to do not be without flying I put one new KK2 board in to My hexacopter and had the same problem with the motors synchronization. But Under the Menu/Misc Settings one option called "Minimum Throttle" solve the problem, I rise from 10 to 20 and all motors started toghether with the DJI OPTO 30 amp Escs.

Continuing waiting Jussi response to send the AQ board (that suddenly stopped to work) back to him.
leandrolb

Return to General Discussion