Which log shows tilt???

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Which log shows tilt???

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:41 am

Just wondering which parameter in the logs shows the maximum tilt in both pitch and roll? I believe in manual mode the tilt settings are to high because it tilts to far forward whilst at maximum pitch.

In the wiki it says the following:

The default behavior will limit the angle to around 37 degrees.
The max tilt (pitch) and roll angle is controlled by the these two parameters:
CTRL_FACT_PITC 0.05f // user pitch multiplier
CTRL_FACT_ROLL 0.05f // user roll multiplier

They are multiplied by the elevator and roll channel data from the radio. So if you’re radio produces -750 to 750 output, your max tilt range will be +-37.5 degrees.

When i check the above values in GCS it says they were 0.1, now i didnt change these so im guessing they were the defaults? If so they are to high, unless im missing something i should change the values to 0.05?

Cheers

James
Jdmagoo

Re: Which log shows tilt???

Postby LPR » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:44 pm

James

I did some flying with my octo which still has r76 FW and I see that changing the pitch and roll scale factor from the default to .05 to .10 does double the max tilt you can get in manual mode. With the r76 FW the scale factor at .10 works ok for me but is not good for most people I think. You should change the scale to what ever you like.

I know in alt/pos hold mode that Navi Speed Rate PIDs will change how large of a tilt you can achieve. I've changed the settings to get 40 degrees and it makes a big difference in how fast you can accelerate and stop.

Larry
LPR

Return to General Discussion