[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Video of high speed maneuvers and flying...

Video of high speed maneuvers and flying...

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Video of high speed maneuvers and flying...

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:42 am

Whilst I wait to start work on my first autoquad (hopefully this weekend) I was hoping you guys could post some motivational videos of your ship conducting some high speed maneuvers and flying, yes I understand the AQ isn't suppose to be a sports FC but I do know some of you have very powerful set-ups which would be fun to fly aggressively perhaps with fpv.

Anyway looking forward to the vids to keep me motivated

Cheers

James
Jdmagoo

Re: Video of high speed maneuvers and flying...

Postby Andrej » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Andrej

Postby skew » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Flying aggressively and Autoquad should not be used in the same sentence. I doubt you will find any videos fpv flying through the park around trees at high speed with an Autoquad. There is a threshold that the AQ likes to be under if you go past that it will bite you with a crashed copter. But you will find all kinds of videos flying in high winds and pinpoint autonomous flight that other flight controllers can only dream of.
skew

Postby bn999 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:16 pm

While it seems to be generally assumed that AQ is not well suited for sport flying, it not necessarily the case. The default configuration parameters are definitely designed for smooth, stable control, but if you tune things up, it can be quite sporty. I'm not that good of a pilot, but do gain confidence when flying FPV and have performed some very agressive high speed maneuvers. The nice thing is, if you get into trouble, let go of the controls and center the throttle. Or even better, flip the position hold switch and allow the machine to fix your problems while you watch. If you don't have your power distribution and PIDs tuned such that the machine can recover from anything it is given, don't try this.

No, I have nothing on video, but I do I think it's time that an *autonomous* acrobatics demo be put together.
bn999

Postby Jdmagoo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:34 am

Jdmagoo

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:08 am

kinderkram

Postby bluuu » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:17 am

You mean eg. double flip on button ??? :shock:

I imagine - big octo do double flip :o
bluuu

Return to General Discussion