[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ6.6 Hexa motor choice ?

AQ6.6 Hexa motor choice ?

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

AQ6.6 Hexa motor choice ?

Postby Simiban » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:44 am

Hello all,

I'm about to be part of this great project. I need an AQ6 to fly in some hard condition (very cold and very hot) with a lot of precision and stability.
I planed to used ESC32 and some T-Motors. Not realy sure at this point if the MT3506 or the MN3508. I have a preference for the MN3508. Both will have to handle a 12" props.
My question is, do i will find some ESC32 code to calibrate the MN3508 with 12 inces props and 4S supply ? Or I will have to code it myself ?
Another question is, do someone has allready some good result with AQ6 + ESC32 + MN3508 ? Or am i on the wrong way ?

In fact I am looking for a Brushless good manufactured, not to heavy (not over 90 gramms) who can handle 12" props.

Can someone indicate me a brushless model or are we all on the same quest :) ?

Regards

Laurent
Simiban

Re: AQ6.6 Hexa motor choice ?

Postby chschmid » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:14 pm

I am using T-Motor MS2216 900KV with 12x4.5 CF props. But I go with 3s.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby Simiban » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:29 am

Ok, I had a look on this one, but it's not enough for my project.
With CX760 and Brushless Gimbal, the total weight to bring in the sky is around 4.1 kilos.

The MN 3508 700kv is for the moment the winner...But I am real worried to get them properlly calibrated
Simiban

Postby chschmid » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:12 pm

My Hexa is a bit below 3Kgs. With CX730 (same as CX760 without internal ram).
Flighttime is 9Min with 6000mAh 3s and MS2216 900 w/12*4.5 CF Props. Why do you want to carry one more Kg?
In the Youtube AQ channel are some vid's of the Hexa as well as in the Showcase section.

If you have signifficant longer flighttime I would be interested in the progress of your (4s) project.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby Simiban » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Simiban

Postby bluuu » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:06 am

Think about my setup.
MT2814-10 + 12x3.8

I have 2,3kg hexa (RTF) with 5000 4S LiPo.
Hover at 30% throttle.
bluuu

Postby Andrej » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:15 am

Andrej

Postby bluuu » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 am

about 12-14min at -3 temp, to 13,8V on LiPo
bluuu

Postby Simiban » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:25 am

Waiting time bring some good things sometime :)

After a lot of reading this board,estimation and test I finaly took my decision.
It seems to be that in fact the ESC32 are still in a deeper beta than the AQ6. And as far as i understood, SCAN not yet available. So i decided to give a try to another combination : SimonK flashed ESC and the MN3510mounted with 12*4props and 6S LIPO's.

Will keep informed how it works
Simiban

Postby Simiban » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:09 pm

I needed a case to put my AQ6 inside of it. I hope to maintain an acceptable temperature in it :

I'm still waiting for my bord, that's why i printed this one way bigger than the board.
Simiban

Next

Return to General Discussion