[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Are AQ Pilots up to the challenge of flying a cube?

Are AQ Pilots up to the challenge of flying a cube?

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Re: Are AQ Pilots up to the challenge of flying a cube?

Postby skew » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:23 am

Not really just use a orbit for the circle :)
skew

Postby LPR » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:33 pm

I anyone is interested in taking on the challenge of flying a cube I've written up some steps that should make building a cube mission much less of a task. Send me a PM if your interested.

Larry
LPR

Postby Kisssys » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Here's something to draw on, print it out.
Attachments
3D.pdf
(64.38 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby LPR » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:56 pm

There's number of AQ pilots that are going to give this challenge a go. The more the merrier. Here's a very short video of my octo doing a very small cube. I'm going to land and not redo the last leg to save time.

Larry
LPR

Postby LPR » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Getting a little better at doing the cube challenge. Here's a GoPro video from the octo's point of view while flying the cube.
If you like watching paint dry you will love this video.

Larry
LPR

Postby LPR » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:55 am

It's time to get your cube built. If you would like a copy of my mission just ask. All you need to do is put in your four way points and your AQ copter will do the rest.

Here's a video of the view from the AQ octo which yaws to keep the camera looking at the center of the cube. The eight minuets of waiting in the corners was not included.

My cube is far from perfect I'm sure many of you could do better.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby Kisssys » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:05 pm

A problem that becames quite apparent when I did a long mission that plotting GPS altitude did not really show what the copter was trying to do. I am using the baro as my reference because it's smoother than using gps. This is a problem in the plots because we're plotting GPS but using baro.

Max was nice enough to make another addition to Logdump so that we can plot UKF baro pressure instead of GPS altitude. Thanks again Max!!

I've included a couple of pictures, one is plotted with GPS and the other with Baro. The most improvemnet occurs in the tracks that had a fair time difference between taking the path. The bottom trace near the TO LND spot happens at the beginning and end of the flight. It's common to have a pressure change over an hour of 3 meters. If you had a 30 minute flight you would see a 1.5 meter change between the GPS and Baro assuming the GPS and the Baro were perfect.

The baro is scaled the same but you need to adjust the offset manually, the following is an example of the CLI use of Logdump. If this seems valuable it could be added to the gui of QGC. I plotted the GPS and then adjusted the baro offset until they overlaped fairly closely.

Specifies a 115.5 meter offset:
CODE: SELECT ALL
logdump -g -e kml -f 5 -P -O 115.5 AQL.LOG > AQL.kml

The new logDump tool is attached.

I intend to provide both JPG's and KML's of Baro and GPS reference.

If you haven't had a chance to try the cube, please do so and post them on Diydrones before the closing on the 14th. The more entry's the better.
Attachments
GPS.JPG
GPS.JPG (24.74 KiB) Viewed 11834 times
Baro.JPG
Baro.JPG (26.39 KiB) Viewed 11834 times
logDump-080413.zip
(364.01 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby chschmid » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:54 pm

Wow, you are the winner. Look at Randy's post with APM.

Dont forget to post it ;)

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby bn999 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:33 am

Way to go Steve!
bn999

Postby Kisssys » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:53 am

To find out where the AQ thought the TO position was I loaded the FindTOmission to go and land at that spot. I marked the spot and went back and loaded the full mission and then brought it back out and launched. I always came withing a couple of feet of the TO position, one time I was about 15 cms from the starting point after 30 mins of flying.

I had a few missions not complete because I ran out of battery, I found out it didn't like me putting 99.99 seconds in one of the waypoints by mistake. Looked like zeros to me. It got stuck their so I think it read it as 9999 secs. The added waypoints are turns so I always face the copter to the inside of the cube and to be able to add more time to the mission.

Well no secrets, go do it.
Attachments
FindTOmission.JPG
MissionPlan.JPG
Last2WP.JPG
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion