[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Are AQ Pilots up to the challenge of flying a cube?

Are AQ Pilots up to the challenge of flying a cube?

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Are AQ Pilots up to the challenge of flying a cube?

Postby LPR » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:09 pm

TO ALL AQ PILOTS.

DIY Drones has a challenge to pilots to have there aircraft fly a 50 meter cube that is 20 meters above the ground.

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/t3- ... irotor-one

Here's my first and only try.

I had a friend take a very boring video of the cube flight.

It's not to hard to build the mission and if you want to see the one I have let me know.

Larry
LPR

Re: Are AQ Pilots up to the challenge of flying a cube?

Postby kinderkram » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm in - if my new Hexa will be ready in 2 weeks or so...

Looks like a contest especially tailored for the AQ6. ;)

Only thing that left some questions is the statement "The neatest cube KML wins".
They don't wanna see a flight video?
kinderkram

Postby bn999 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 pm

If it is judged subjectively, I would not be interested. If it were scored analytically, I have no doubt that AQ could win.
bn999

Postby skew » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Well they could at least make it challenging making cross bars corner to corner on each side,center of cube to each corner etc. Maybe just flying a cube is a really big deal with their system :)
skew

Postby LPR » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Skew

If you look though the DIY link you'll see there's not much compitition over at Arducopter but they maybe holding their best till last. I hope so anyway.
I tried not to show too much of how well my AQ octo did. I don't have a long flight time with my A123 batteries and getting caught 200 feet in the air with a low battery kept me from loitering at the corners.
I don't think you would break the rules if you add Autoquad in small cursive writing on the top panel just to show off a little. All you need is just a few more waypoints.

Larry
LPR

Postby skew » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:53 pm

LOL that would be priceless! So far all of the posted flights they are only flying a square at the top and bottom and are not going vertical on every side except yours ;)
skew

Postby Kisssys » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby kinderkram » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:37 pm

kinderkram

Postby GoFaster » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:42 pm

My opinion, no need for a us versus them approach. Just let the AQ's accuracy and repeatability speak for itself.
Fly the cube multiple times in a single flight, in wind :)
GoFaster

Postby kinderkram » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Sorry, I thought this was a competition with a winner and such... ;)

The "neatest" cube wins. So Larry's approach with the logo on top would be neat. Where the round parts of the Q would make it a real challenge.
kinderkram

Next

Return to General Discussion