[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Hexa Mission - CRASH!

Hexa Mission - CRASH!

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Hexa Mission - CRASH!

Postby axelnied » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Attachments
20130227_Crash_Location.jpg
Crash Location
20130227_Crash_Location.jpg (171 KiB) Viewed 7574 times
axelnied

Re: Hexa Mission - CRASH!

Postby chschmid » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:56 pm

I am very sorry for you.
What FW did you fly?
The logging stopped before WP 2.

Crash.jpg

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby JussiH » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:06 pm

I can not by looking at the log identify an immediate cause of the crash. It looks like power was just lost alltogether, since the log is very abruptly cut at the end. It was not a UKF crash though, and I dont see any immediate errors spring to mind. I am willing to bet that some part of your power distribution failed and you lost all power to the FC - that would also correlate good with your description that "all motors stopped and it dropped out of the air".

Looking at the sensor data I can see that you probably did a hover test, landed and then flew the mission?

In the second part of the flight, I do notice that sensor data is much larger magnitude than in the first part, and motors were working much harder (no saturation, though). But if you just hovered for the first part, and then landed to execute the mission, that would explain that.

No problems with Radio (Spektrum?) and no failure of the FC itself as far as I can tell. I can only advise to take a close look at power distribution on the craft.
JussiH

Postby axelnied » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Christoff and Jussi,

Thanks for your responses...

@Christoff: Please enlighten me on how you created that GoogleEarth LogMapper?

@ Jussi: Thanks for taking your time to look into it... I agree, the fact that the log abruptly stopped, would indicate something going on with the power distribution! I will take out the magnification glasses to inspect the LiPo contacts and all related solder points, as well look for possible source of shorts.
Yes, I did first do a quick hover test (barely getting off the ground) before enabling the mission.

Lessons Learned (so far):
1. Make sure you have some extra 1.5 inches (~4 cm) of PWM wiring to avoid damage to the AQ board: the majority of damage (bent PWM pins) was caused by PWM wiring being too short. The dis-location of the arm/boom put stress on wire ripping the connector out of the pins!

images from the damage:
damage 1.JPG
bent PWM pin-outs

damage 2.JPG
broken 25cm carbon arm
axelnied

Postby chschmid » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:26 am

chschmid

Postby epyonxero » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:40 pm

I had a somewhat similar situation where my AQ disarmed itself in mid air and crashed at the end of a mission. It was supposed to auto land but high vibration levels may have tricked the AQ into thinking it had touched down.
epyonxero

Return to General Discussion