[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - first fly with the new imu

first fly with the new imu

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

first fly with the new imu

Postby plexus » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:29 pm

after the change of the STM, redo a dance, and check all, calibration during 3 days to get the best, my autoquad (hexa2)seems to fly very well. No change in the subtrim (not as the first time with the old STM), just the PID to forget the wobble.
I just checked the Hold and it run very well and very stable +- 50cm may be , no more.
But the weather was too bad to go ahead.
Be care with the calibration and dance, as said, it is the most important job to get good result.
Last edited by plexus on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plexus

Re: first fly with the new imu

Postby chschmid » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Good to hear she flies well after all.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby Max » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 am

Congrats! Glad it paid off in the end. I thought the South of France always had good weather! :shock: :P

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:32 am

Video - or it didn't happen! :lol:
kinderkram

Re: first fly with the new imu, old dead one mounth ago!

Postby plexus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:42 am

hi all,
for the video, I am going to do that if it is not too raining. If you see the meteo on TV, you will understood.
plexus

Postby JussiH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:01 am

Glad to hear its working out! Post a vid soon, pls.
JussiH

Postby plexus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi all,
Continue to check my AQ. To day test of the RTH to get a good vertical stability . That is difficullt to find the good PID's in the windows Nav of the GCS, but I am very close of the good point.
After that I checked my first RTH, and the hexa came back to his drop zone, no problem. :shock:
All that test with an heavy wind. I am very surprised by the stability in the wind. :o
Sorry for the video but it is very long because my ADSL is 512K only and the upload is stopped by Yputube. I try with Vimeo.

So to resume, I am happy to get so good results after a very bad beginning.
video of the first flight in my first post

R37 V2
Last edited by plexus on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
plexus

Postby bn999 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:56 pm

Beautiful.
bn999

Postby kinderkram » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:59 am

Another happy camper! :D

Looks like you got it dialed in pretty well considering the wind which can hardly be seen on the leafless trees.
At first I thought "well, bit nervous still" but than I saw the bushes and some branches moving.

I guess with less wind it will just sit there... 8-)
kinderkram

Return to General Discussion