[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New AQ user

New AQ user

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

New AQ user

Postby leopold1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi all,
I finally decided it was time to jump on the AQ boat and cruise along.
My previous experience with multirotors is the Arducopter which I have been following for over two years now. In the beginning there were also the pirates who helped with the multorotor experience a lot.
After two years and a lot of trial and error (especialy props ;-)) I'm very glad with the current status of my qaud that flies the 2.82 v of arducopter. RTL, Missions, stable, ... are very nice now.
I don't have any programming experience but I can find my way arround the code to change some things.

Since the announcement of AQ on the DIYdrones forum (jan 2011) I was quite impressed with its capability and as of the moment the AQ forum was online I have been following the progress.

At the moment I've been living with the idea of building a Hex with AQ but don't quite know if this is to far fetched. Reading the topics it seems that there is quite some hassle, PIDtuning a stable AQ multirotor. Are there any stable flying AQ hexcopters at the moment or would it be better to start of with a quad?

Concering PID tuning, would the arducopter pid tuning guide be applicable to AQ?

I'm up for the challenge and I am certain that this community will provide the feedback and knowledge when needed.

Vincent
leopold1

Re: New AQ user

Postby teramax » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:43 pm

shure i forgot some:

any questions? ;)
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby LPR » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Vincent

I built an octo for my first AQ and I don't recommend it, too many props to break. I'm starting on two AQ quads now and trouble shooting the octo. The octo has some strange problems after it had a run in with some water. Stay away from water!!!
I have an octo with an APM 2 board that I have not updated since I started the AQ octo 5 months ago. Here's a video of the AQ octo flying a mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7im1ExXEug

The octo was easy to get flying in manual but doing a mission and flying around in altitude hold was when I broke props. It even flew ok without the parameter file loaded in the AQ. I found to have the octo fly well in a robotic mode that I needed most of the PID to be default values.

Larry
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Teramax, we need to talk.
No, great hex and flight!
Care to share your setup?

LPR, Your mission didgo quite well it seems.Impressive how it flies so close to the ground.
leopold1

Postby rwijnhov » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:31 pm

start here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1929

Start from there and move on while you grow.
rwijnhov

Postby teramax » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:59 am

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Return to General Discussion