Spektrum DX8 Channel/Switch reassignment

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

Spektrum DX8 Channel/Switch reassignment

Postby Johan_vV » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi,

I have an issue with my Spektrum DX8 which I can't solve on my own eventhough i've googled it a lot. This is probably a stupid question, but im used to my Aurora 9 and can't really get along with my DX8 =).

I'm in need to replace the "gear channel" with a three way switch instead of the default two-way switch. The reason for this is that i have an Arudino project that maps three different PWM values to a Sony NEX-5 IR remote control. Position 1 starts filming, position two does noting (stops filming and stops taking photos) and position three takes photos in a configurable interval.

My problem is now that i can't find a way to change the "channel mapping" or how to "replace" the Gear output from the TX with one of my three way switches like the Aileron-switch for example...

I have found some threads on different forums where they are talking about mixing, but i hope that there is a way to replace the gear on channel 5 with another switch.

Any suggestions are welcome =)

rgrds
Johan_vV

Re: Spektrum DX8 Channel/Switch reassignment

Postby epyonxero » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:44 pm

I cant answer your question but Im also an A9 user and I ended up getting one of these modules to let me me use my A9 with Spektrum satellite Rx's. Might be an option if the DX8 doesnt work out.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1755578
epyonxero

Postby Johan_vV » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks for your reply. I will keep this in my mind since i must admit that i like tha Aurora better than the DX8. =)
Johan_vV

Postby Kisssys » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:57 pm

AndyKunz on RCgroups would be the guy to ask, I think he wrote the code. Not sure why you have to use the gear channel but you can mix a channel with a three position switch to the gear channel I believe and accomplish what you want.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Return to General Discussion