[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - First takeoff

First takeoff

For everything that doesn't fit into the other (sub-) forums

First takeoff

Postby Omnitoto » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Today was the first takeoff trial, indoor, in 1.2m3 space and I must say it's quite promising! :D It was right after final calibration calculation without PID tuning and using the r37 with reduced frequencies for gimbal servos.

The takeoff went ok and quite stable even if with such limited space the ground effect was clearly present. I'm really happy about this first result and very impress by what devs have done so thank you all to have realized such interesting project!

I still have a lot to do but feel like the stressing part is behind me :)

Current state of my quad :

Antoine
Omnitoto

Re: First takeoff

Postby kinderkram » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Great!
Yes, looks like you left the most difficult part behind.
Your build is looking good - did you already test the gimbal?
kinderkram

Postby Omnitoto » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I've just checked that it with moving correctly and so far I feel it is not as smooth as it should be. I will try to play more with parameters but I fear it's coming from the extremely cheap servos I put on it :oops:

I'm also waiting for an additional BEC to supply the gimbal servos before experimenting more.
Omnitoto

Postby chschmid » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:32 pm

Congrats.
Thats a small space for a maiden. I would not have the gutts. But with fine HW/SW its possible.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby Omnitoto » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Here is a first trial of the gimbal which is quite good for a first setup.
http://youtu.be/9BMo3DgxqxI

I got a strange behavior of the quad at 3:14 while in hold position but could recover it before touch the ground... maybe from an altered gps signed due to buildings...

As I'm writing, youtube is trying to remove the remaining shaking but it seems to create some unpleasant deformation.
Omnitoto

Postby Jessestr » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:32 am

Planning to get the AQ soon.. Hope I won't have these things like that. Reminds me of MultiWIi..
Jessestr

Postby Omnitoto » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm

@Jessestr: You have to keep in mind that is only my 2nd outside trial and in a pretty bad conditions surrounded by close high rise buildings. And if you expect a finished product perfect out of the box I'm not sure you would be happy with the AQ as it is. I, on the other hand, like to have to "experiment" a bit as it give me opportunity to learn a lot.

For the youtube video, I remove the antishake and any effect so now it is directly out of the cam.
Omnitoto

Postby Jessestr » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:38 pm

I don't expect any out of the box experience at all. Else I'd stay with my Naza. I want something that I can keep tuning, upgrading and put my time in to make it perfect.

When I saw your video I thought everything was done correctly and that it was not the fault of bad calibs and such.
I can fly with my Naza GPS where I want.. I even got connection in my house.

Thanks for your reply and I hope you like flying with the AQ :) Thanks a lot!
Jesse
Jessestr

Return to General Discussion