[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New AQ Beta Firmware Release 7.0

New AQ Beta Firmware Release 7.0

Latest News and Info about the AutoQuad development

New AQ Beta Firmware Release 7.0

Postby kinderkram » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:45 pm

Max finally has pulled the trigger on a new Beta release 7.0 r442 b1848

It incorporates all the latest changes and features for AQ6 and M4 such as new radios, new calibration methods, full DIMU and CAN support, ESC32 telemetry and much more...

Accompanied by the new QGC GUI v1.6 the release covers features which we consider as properly tested.
In some cases you will need specially tailored code, though. Next big task will be a seamingless integration of new features or functions, not everybody needs from the start - or at all.

See the changes of the Beta release here: http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/whats-new ... e-changes/
kinderkram

Re: New AQ Beta Firmware Release 7.0

Postby plexus » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi evrybody,
After flashing that firm, my hott telemetry dont work: no data in the screen of my MX20.
Returning to the r416, all is ok.
Thanks for your help.

Alain
plexus

Postby kinderkram » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi Alain,
features like HoTT didn´t make it into the beta release. The 416 fw you are using is a special version by Menno.
kinderkram

Postby plexus » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Thanks Norbert.
May be add could you add the hott in each new fw. :geek:
Have a nice weekend.
Alain
plexus

Postby kinderkram » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:15 pm

We´re working on a way to better integrate contributions and features like HoTT.
Not everyone wants or needs it. So best solution would be one where you can switch certain functions on and off so they don´t blow up the code.
E.g. HoTT is consuming CPU time and the user should be able to decide if he´s using it or not...
kinderkram

Postby plexus » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Yes , I believe the solution to switch that you want in the qgc, is a good thing or give the module to add in the fw and compile it. But compile itself is not easy if you are a geek like me, but not impossible.

Alain
plexus

Postby stud » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Hey everybody,

I'm quite new to the autoquad, although i have some experience with APM plane and quad. This is my first forum post, so please have mercy :shock:
I have a problem with the new Beta release:
I can deploy the firmware (aqv7.0.r442.b1848-hwv6.1-dimu1.1) and it arms the AQ6 (green LED, 1Hz) after restart and unplugging J4. So far so good. But everytime I then want to connect via USB Serial to the GCS (v.1.6.0), the GCS does not respond and has to be killed :evil: But i think it connected for a very short time.
With the stable release (aqv6.7.r224.b1400-hwv6.1) the connection works, I can edit Params and see the HUD move.
But since I have the DIMU, I would really like to use it. Any suggestions?
-COM drivers are up to date
-no SD card inserted
-Solder points of DIMU checked (since it arms with the DIMU, i think thats not the problem)
-GCS connection settings as per AQ wiki (115200, HW, no parity, 8Databits, 1stopbit)
-tried with hwv6.0, tried with and without quatos (i dont want it). I have a brandnew AQ6.
I'm sure its something stupid I missed. Please point me in the right direction.
Thank you,
Dominic
stud

Postby LPR » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:42 pm

Dominic

Not sure what your problem is but it might be related to having worked with apm. There are a number aways to connect and disconnect with the QGC.

Your having a problem so I would;

1. Plug in the USB and wait to here the sound that tells you the USB is connected.

2. Click on the icon to bring up the QGC.

3. Click on "Connect Link"

4. Make sure the proper port is in the "Serial Port" window.

5. Click on "Connect"

6. If you don't close the "Settings for serial port" window, I just move it over the "Unmanned Systems" window, you can click on disconnect and then unplug the USB and reconnect the USB with out needing to restart the QGC.

Hope this helps.
Larry
LPR

Postby stud » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:00 pm

Thank you Larry. But as I stated before, I do understand the basics of this connection and I am able to connect the GCS to the AQ6, as long as the aqv6.7.r224.b1400-hwv6.1 (stable release without DIMU support) is installed.
BUT:with any firmware that includes DIMU support, the same thing always happens:
After your step 5 the QGC freezes and has to be closed with the Task Manager.
stud

Postby LPR » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:24 pm

Dominic

Ok then did you solder on the connections for the DIMU or did the AQ6 come with the DIMU installed?

What LEDs on the AQ board are your seeing when trying to connect to the QGC when the AQ6 has DIMU FW running on it?

Larry
LPR

Next

Return to News