[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad 6 public beta release

Autoquad 6 public beta release

Latest News and Info about the AutoQuad development

Autoquad 6 public beta release

Postby JussiH » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:05 am

JussiH

Re: Autoquad 6 public beta release

Postby LPR » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Jussi

The octo i have that the AQ autopilot will go on has motors designed to 6s lipo batteries. After testing the motors with different batteries and props I find that 6s a123 batteries with 12" props instead of 10" props give me the thrust I need for a successful octocopter.

The question is, do you think or know if it is safe to use the 6s A123 battery instead of 5s lipo?
The voltage for a 6s A123 is 19.8 and a 5s lipo is 18.5volts.

6 years ago I found out the hard way that too high a voltage can cause major damage. I used 5s A123 with a MK FC many times with no problem but when I connected a brand new A123 pack with a fresh charge I fried the board.

The maximum voltage on A123s is 3.6V for 21.6v. Lipos maximum voltage is 4.2V x 5 for 21volts.
So maximum voltage is only .6 Volts higher.

Larry

\\
LPR

Postby JussiH » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:47 pm

This question is probably better posted in the ESC Q&A topic. But as I remember, the absolute rating for the FET´s is 20V, so it might work, but I cant say for sure!!!

If you post this question in the ESC32 Q&A section, Bill will probably see it and comment...
JussiH

Postby Kisssys » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:15 pm

If the Recom regulators used are 945-1054-ND which was in the original BOM then the board itself would only be good to 18 vdc
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby JussiH » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:43 pm

JussiH

Postby jphelirc » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:38 am

Jussi & Bill,

I am a bit concerned about the GPS area design on board. Is there plans to revise it on next release?

It looks like there are a lot of vias/traces under current board. Also grounding seems to be way inefficient under GPS module and especially around antenna connector. And to have dc/dc switcher next to GPS module is a bit nono. Another biggie is the spectrum/s-bus connector on opposite side of the antenna connector, there are constant high frequency traffic that will interfere greatly with GPS antenna and GPS module.

There are few other things too on current board layout that should be improved but in generally, work well done guys.

Should we work a bit on that area :)

For the power issue, I don't see any bigger problem to have let's say 12v switcher or small 3s lipo for just the FC itself

--jani
jphelirc

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:37 pm

joebar.rc

Postby JussiH » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:06 am

We are gonna put the last of the Beta boards up for sale from monday 14/8 at 18:00 CET (Copenhagen/Berlin time) at and . Limited quanties!

The beta is still running, and we have adressed a few issues already with the manufactorer QC. As a consequence we had to reinpect and retest the remaining boards very carefully to make sure they would work as intended in the beta testers hands.

Some of the boards put up for sale now have had the recoms glued a bit up from the boards and because of the type (PU) and amount of glue used we have decided not to rework them, since it is purely a cosmetic issue and fixing it would involve cutting the PU glue and cleaning with organic solvents. We did specify a "small dot" of glue for the Recoms, and the gluing was a worker slip in the factory that will be corrected in the next run. The SMT-work is high quality and we are confident the remaining boards are electronically and mechanically sound.

The next run of boards will either not have the recoms mounted or it will be up to enduser to glue them in place during final assembly - this should also make it easier for people to choose alternative Recoms.

I dont see the next batch beeing available before sometime in september at the earliest, so I would suggest that if you really want one you pick it up now... ;)

If you already have one, and dont desperately need a second right now, pls let it pass to someone else for now :arrow: We will make more as soon as we can! But these remaining beta boards will be sold on a first come, first served basis and we dont expect them to last long :!:
JussiH

Postby barlav » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:57 pm

hi!
Unfortunately here in France the monday fall the 13/8 this year. :?: need to recheck how time goes in this world. :?
Anyway I will be vigilant for monday 18h and the 14/8 18h...

Good job, great adventure!
barlav

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:28 pm

joebar.rc

Next

Return to News