[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AVC Sparkfun Contest in June 2013

AVC Sparkfun Contest in June 2013

Latest News and Info about the AutoQuad development

Re: AVC Sparkfun Contest in June

Postby bluuu » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Congratulation Larry.

Have you got some pics and your own vids ?
bluuu

Postby LPR » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:31 pm

The team was busy. We were trying to get both the quad and the octo running while answering people's questions and having the media swarm like mosquitoes.
We have a few pictures that I have not had a chance to look at yet. The photographer from the New York Times said he would send me some of his. We'll see.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby JussiH » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:34 am

Thanks for taking time and putting your copters on the line to show AQ abilities. Larry...so close :D

As a token of my appreciation, you can pick up a free VectorDD gimbal as your "consolation prize"- just send me an email with adresses and which GoPro camera model (1/2 or 3) you have.
JussiH

Postby LPR » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Jussi

I would really appreciate a VectorDD gimbal.

I only wish I would have been able to take the proper amount of time to be ready for the contest.

Larry
LPR

Postby flyrobot » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:51 am

This is the AVC show http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C_vwC1r3k2 ... e=g-subs-u , but i think the video is not official sparkfun video
flyrobot

Postby LPR » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:21 am

Here is why I planned to get to the contest a day early and test the mission before the competition. Plans were changed at the last minuet.
I was trying to get my fastest run of the day to get into second place but made at least three mistakes. See if you can spot them.

http://youtu.be/C_vwC1r3k2g?t=8m2s

Larry
LPR

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Here's the official recap video by Sparkfun.
Larry and his Octo were featured several times. Looks like he made the smoothest autonomous landing. 8-)

kinderkram

Postby LPR » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Norbert

The octo shows up 7 times that I could see. The times are; 25s, 5:00m, 5:11, 6:02, 6:43, and 7:23. The video is a good recap of 8 hours at Sparkfun.

Larry
LPR

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:41 am

Hi Larry,

Great to see the octo. I was meaning to ask you, what did you do / program to shake off the tennisball?

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby LPR » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Menno

I used a little physics. A cup mounted on an arm extension was tilted up around ten degrees above horizontal. When I flew around randomly the ball would not fall out. If I made the octo yaw quickly it would throw the ball out. To make it yaw quickly the motor are tilted on the arm tube about 3 degrees and I increase the yaw PIDs to max the yaw rate. You can see it in this video at 8:25.

http://youtu.be/C_vwC1r3k2g?t=8m2s

Larry
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to News