[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AVC Sparkfun Contest in June 2013

AVC Sparkfun Contest in June 2013

Latest News and Info about the AutoQuad development

Re: AVC Sparkfun Contest in June

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:29 pm

joebar.rc

Postby LPR » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:28 am

Menno

Yes I had a number of waypoints at the center of the peninsula. The first WP was the one that would set the speed and the stopping point. If I set the speed over 7 m/s I would get an overshoot of the WP so I had a second WP that I set to 5 m/s and set the ROI to 20 meters so the octo would start to slow down before it reached the center of the peninsula. When I had a waypoint to lower a few meters before the ball drop. When two more WP to yaw 180 degrees with each one. After that the next WP had the altitude increase 15 meters and the speed in the last run was 18 m/s. 20 m/s was the fastest I had flown so just a little wind could have caused an altitude change and I was really pushing the octo at 18 m/s with the wind we had.

I was really trying to have someone else compete because I had a trip to get ready for and I would not be back in the country till just before the contest. I wish I had the time before the contest to learn how to do the contest much better. Tonight I was just testing using higher Tilt Angle PIDs and found I could have had much faster acceleration and deacceleration.

Well there's always the next contest.

Larry
LPR

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Wow, a lot to it... Next year we''ll sure to have a waypoint trigger ready for that part :) and maybe indeed a bigger team with some local practicing.
Anyways, you did a great job especially in the time you could spend.

Maybe a brushless gimbal could work, instead of the camera a small cup for the ball on the camera plate, the gimbal controller will keep the ball steady when flying and on the drop zone, just tilt 90 degrees down...
joebar.rc

Hi there

Postby johnpozycjo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:20 am

I think that you have right.
johnpozycjo

Postby kraldmark » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:55 am

Browse some race day photos, really look great
kraldmark

Previous

Return to News