[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - FORUM updated!

FORUM updated!

Latest News and Info about the AutoQuad development

FORUM updated!

Postby kinderkram » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi folks,
we succeeded in updating the forum, adding an anti-spam hack which looks like it's working properly.
We also performed a cleanup of the user data base to detect the "real" members and separate them from the spammers.

Unfortunately we had to prune inactive users with zero posts so some of the genuine AQ users with zero posts were also affected. Sorry for the inconvenience - but a new user account is created in minutes.

Thx 4 your patience,

Norbert
kinderkram

Re: FORUM updated!

Postby Max » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Nice work Norbert, much appreciated!

Didn't even notice the down time. OP store was down for much longer... :lol: (Not that I was going to buy one, just curious... really!)

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:01 pm

My chrystal ball told me when the right moment has come. ;)

Effective downtime was 3mins. Well orchestrated team play with David, our server admin. 8-)
Some screws need to be adjusted on the run (especially the bad word filter) and maybe one or another bug may occur but ya know ... shit happens!
kinderkram

Postby GoFaster » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:26 pm

Nice coordination and smooth work, guys!
Hopefully much less junk now. Thanks!
GoFaster

Postby Wingspinner » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:55 am

Nice job. Didn't even notice. I've been holding off upgrading my forum for months because its such a nasty job. When it's 12 years old there is a lot of legacy stuff to deal with.

Thanks for doing it!
Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Postby kinderkram » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Yah, a lot of code trash stacks up over the years and at a certain point it's better to tear down the whole thing and build it from ground up.

Regarding the spammers it was high noon pulling the trigger before we got overrun. Being open doesn't pay off in some cases. :roll:

I'm watching the filter with joy, munching all that crap coming in, guys leaving the place in despair after a dozen successless trials. :twisted:
Though it puts more pressure on the database to log each event it helps to "know your enemy".
kinderkram

Postby 13brv3 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Consider this my official 1st post, so maybe the forum will stop erasing my account :-)

Rusty
13brv3

Postby kinderkram » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Hehe, welcome Rusty. 8-)

Yah, I saw you in the list of deleted accounts. Unfortunately there was no way to preserve some of the OGs who registered early but never posted or logged in...

After I noticed you created your account a second time I quickly changed it so you wouldn't kicked again.

Nice to have you around!

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby 13brv3 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:02 am

Hi Norbert,

Today was actually the 3rd time I created the account, but who's counting :-) I'm dying to get started on the cals, and learn that silly dance, but time is my enemy.

Cheers,
Rusty
13brv3

Postby Kisssys » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi Rusty,

I have a hexa with RCtimer 5010 360 kv motors with 15 x 5.5 carbon props on one of your frames and it's the best machine I have.

The frame's importance probably should be stressed a little more to new arrivals, you've got it licked already.

Cheers
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Return to News